Maya had Pirate Day at school at the end of February. They had a treasure hunt all around the school, wore their special Pirate t-shirts they made in class, and had a special pirate lunch. This was the conclusion of the Pirate theme for February. She chose to put "zero teeth" in her pirate's mouth because she said the teeth made it look scary and she liked it to just be a smiling pirate.
Maya and I went to the Houston Symphony with Michelle and Emma. It was a Family Concert with a Rodeo theme. They had several instruments out for the kids to try. Maya was shy at first but since Emma jumped right in she tried it too, and what do you know she LOVED it! We had a wonderful time and afterward we went out for lunch at an Italian place in "the city" (as Maya calls it). Thank you for inviting us Michelle and Emma!
Earlier in the week we got a package (well, 3 boxes in reality) from Uncle Korey which contained toys that were mine when I was younger, some old videos and other memories. The kids have LOVED playing with my Strawberry Shortcake dolls. They are working well as a reward for both kids!
Maya read the first 10 books in the Harcourt Kindergarten level reading program today. She has been sounding out words and "reading" her favorite stories for quite a while now, so I thought I'd start her practicing. She loved it and felt very grown up. We talked about each story and then she chose one to "journal" about. (They journal in her preschool class about all kinds of things.)
Candy Corn Caramel Apples
5 weeks ago


1 comment:
They grow up so fast.
I would love to go to a cookoff.
Sounds like things are good in Texas.
Post a Comment