Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeling sick...again

I had to go pick Maya up from school early today. She "wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home". She has a cough which kept us all up some last night, but got worse today. I looked in her throat and it looked suspiciously like strep, so I figured we'd better go get an official opinion. She also started complaining of her throat hurting and did not want to eat anything. When we got home she didn't have a fever, but I checked her again two hours later and it was 103.2!!! OK, off to the doctor we went. The strep test (That was really fun, let me tell you. Maya is usually a model patient-well, a model everything really, but she is usually an especially wonderful patient-not today. The Dr. had to try the test 3 times before she got what she needed.) in the office was negative, but they sent it to the lab also. The Dr. said we might be there too early for the antibodies to be detected by the office test, but that the lab would verify the results and call me tomorrow. She was also tested for the flu, which was also negative. She's sleeping now-thanks to a home remedy I found on the Internet. The over the counter meds have done nothing to help. We tried the honey on a spoon this morning, let's just say it wasn't successful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better little Maya.

TracyB said...

Hope she feels better soon.

Jenny said...

Poor thing, feel better soon sweet girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails