Friday, September 19, 2008

Ike continued

This frog has been hanging out on the front porch all summer. Now that he made it through the hurricane we decided he will be named Ike.
Some damage to a traffic light over by preschool.
The power company working on the downed poles by our house-maybe it won't be long now?
Don't know when we'll get power, so we better wash a few things (like underwear and jammies). Maya did a great job!
We hung some of the clothes outside to dry, and wouldn't you know it-as soon as they were dry the power came back on! Yippee!!!

We were not fore casted to get power until the end of the day on Monday. But I know the real reason it came on early. I was going to have to do the generator-fill it with gas and check the oil and that stuff. Well, I was nervous, but I would have been fine-I'm sure. God, however, knows me and knows that it was a bad idea for me to be in charge of that-so we have power-4 days ahead of schedule! (Well, we're not really sure what happened, they seemed to have survived the hurricane just fine, but it looks like the wife blew up the house afterward!) I must say that we had the BEST weather these past few days and I am truly grateful! I can't wait for fall, winter and spring-that is the reason people live here through the summer-I know it! We got to see more of our neighbors than we have all year and we all found non-electric ways to entertain ourselves. We celebrated Logan's birthday (another post coming soon), read books, and played, cleaned and organized things that have needed it for awhile. I even made all of my Christmas cards for this year! We'll be happy when we get back to "normal" but it will be a change from before. Looks like school will be out until at least next Thursday-that should be fun (that was said in an extremely sarcastic tone since the kids are already asking when they can go back)!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad to hear that you power. We've been out of power going on 7 days.

Jenny said...

So glad you are ok. I was worried about you all. It is amazing what we can do when stretched to the limits!

TracyB said...

I am so happy that you have power. Maybe well be next ;~)

Jennifer said...

I like your new "teacher" look.

I think that's cute about your frog Ike, even though I don't like frogs!

Satunas4 said...

Glad that you and your family are fine. I hate storms!!!!!!! Your new blog look is great! Love hearing and seeing pictures of you and the fam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails