Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update on my back

Well, after nearly 3 weeks I STILL cannot stand up straight. So yesterday I went to get an MRI done and I was nervous because I haven't been able to lay on my back this whole time and now I had to-and be still for two 30 min sessions! That is an entire hour! Well, I did it after very s-l-o-w-l-y getting into positoin for session number 1. Then I had to get up so the man could change the stuff around and then had to lay down again. Well, I can't tell what I am looking at-there are bones and they all have space between them and they look pretty straight, so...I have an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow morning at the Texas Medical Center. Let me just say this-If I am going to have health issues I don't want to live anywhere else. That place is like its own city. So I'm sure I'll have more to say on the subject tomorrow afternoon.

In other news, I met my preschool class today. They are all SO cute and I think it is going to be a great year. We have one runner (at drop off) and one who didn't talk, but I think that will be worked out shortly. Let me just say that my partner Michelle is the BEST! I am so lucky to have a great partner and a great class. Logan met his teachers "officially" today too. He was the runner for their class, I'm sure it was hard for him because he's been exploring the school this whole week, but he decided he was going to come find me to pick him up when Cookie Lookie (meet the teacher) was over. He definitely got the right teachers-they had him in time out when I got there and he was upset, which he needed to be. I told him he wasn't allowed to leave the class without me-He said "OK, no leave without you-got it! I'm sorry Mommy!(in a sort of crying voice)" and gave me a big hug. Maya has already met her teachers, so she was really excited to go with them and to meet the kids in her class. I think it is going to be a great year.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope all is fine with your back, you poor thing! Keep us posted...

What an exciting time for you and your kiddos! Preschool is going to be so fun for you and the kids. Good luck to Maya, what a big girl!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that you like your teaching partner and class.

Kristin said...

I hope your back gets better very soon.

TracyB said...

Good luck tomorrow at your apt.

Glad your Cookie Lookie went well ;~)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails