The Bride, Janne
The groom, Chris
The First Dance
My long time friend (since we were about 12) got married on July 5th, 2008 in Portland! Congratulations Janne and Chris!!!! The reception was a lot of fun and I'm sure the ceremony was beautiful, but we missed it :-(. For some insane reason: I, first, left the invitation on my reminder board at home in Texas-I thought about it several times and then forgot it every time while I was packing for the family. Then, second, I just knew that the wedding started at 5:30 (wrong try 5:00!). Finally, third, didn't have the address of the location and didn't think about that until we were dressed, Dad and Pam had already left with the kids and we were in the car driving out of the hotel parking lot and DH says to me, "So, where are we going?" GREAT! I don't know! All I know is it is Alberta Street. Well, as was pointed out to me, Albert is a VERY long street in the city of Portland. So after a few minutes I remember my Dad has an iPhone and loves to look stuff up, so I call him and ask him to look up the address of the Siam Restaurant (Pretty close to the actual name Siam Society would have been better, but he found it). OK, we have the address and it is 5:20, remember I think it starts at 5:30. We get there and see the doors are open so DH drops me off and goes to find a parking spot to then be able to rush in and sit with me. Perfect! Well, it would have been if it didn't start at 5:00!!! So I walk in and see the guest sign in table and then notice there is a line of people facing my direction, I see my other long time friend, Allison, (she has the Crazy Monkey Blog listed on mine). I walk toward her... as she is getting to Janne and Chris in the receiving line! Well, I just said congratulations to them and walked with Allison and her husband John toward the door where DH came in and I explained it all to him. Allison told me they got there late because she had entered the wrong address into the get directions field and went to the wrong place. We found our table and sat down-and ordered drinks-and saw another friend come in the door. The food was delicous, it was Thai served family style so everyone got to try everything, and it was all wonderful! They then cleared the tables and the dancing started. We had a lot of fun, despite missing the ceremony. (We wouldn't have made it anyway because this was the same day we were in the ER with Logan-his toe appears to be fine by the way.) I'm so glad we were there!
Candy Corn Caramel Apples
5 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment