Friday, June 18, 2010

Strawberry Picking Field Trip

I LOVE this picture of my sweet strawberry girl!
Maya and Amanda pulling the wagon.
So peaceful out there, even with 20 kindergarteners.
How cool!

I went with Maya and her Kindergarten class to King's Orchard to pick strawberries after they learned about plants. The funny thing is that Maya doesn't like strawberries, but Logan does so she picked ones he would like-cute huh? He ate them all in the car ride from school to home--about 5 minutes. That was nice while it lasted, the drive being 5 minutes. But we've decided to make a change.

The school where I taught and both kids attended turned out to not be as wonderful as I had hoped. I had grand plans of all of us being there for a VERY long time, but my expectations were not met and so we are making a change for everyone. Logan and I will be going back to the preschool where I taught the year before last, Logan 5 days a week as he prepares to be away from me a little more and for Kindergarten and I will teach two or three days depending on where I am placed. That will give me time to volunteer in Maya's classroom at our local elementary school. I will also have some time to get done those things that I need to do by myself and be able to meet J for lunch once in a while!

This past year is over and though I thought I would want to vent and explain to all of you who know us what happened and why we are moving away from that place, I don't really feel like it after all. It is over and we are moving on.

I am SO happy to be back at the preschool, we are all going to the summer program already. I am working with THE BEST 2's teacher there is, yes, 2 year olds-not second graders-and having fun with my friend, Tracy. The kids have both learned so much about the Solar System and space and it has only been two weeks! Logan is having a little adjustment, there will be a separate post about that little guy, but overall is doing well. He has one of the teachers that Maya had when she was in the 4's, she is SO sweet and loving, just what Logan needs-God has a plan for all of us if we will just stop trying to take over and let it be.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

TracyB said...

Wow...those are some big strawberries.
I have the best partner too :o)

Jennifer said...

Such a CUTE picture of Maya in the wagon!

Sarah said...

Happy to see you back. I love Maya's long hair-lovely! And Logan is getting awfully big. Soon to be 5-say it isn't so :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails