Friday, June 25, 2010

Kitchen update (a little one) edited

I am inspired by my friend Sarah to put some pictures of my house on the blog. Over the last school year I really didn't make time for some of the things I love, like projects around the house. Now that we have made some changes in what we are doing for school, I am determined to make time for things I love that make me happy, like house projects.

I added a few signs to the wall and got some new valances-aren't they pretty? They go with the curtains I have for the living room that still have to be put up. I'm having a little trouble finding the rods I want, but that is another post. I also moved out the roll-top desk, the wood matches the dining room furniture, so I moved it closer that direction. The eating area feels so roomy now.
**edited: the curtains that went with these valances for the living room I ordered in the wrong lenght, and they don't come in the correct length, so all of them are being returned, so sad, they were such a great deal and beautiful to boot!**
I have one more valance to put over the blinds on the back door, but I have to get the right kind of rod. I brought one home today for a magnetic door-yeah, my door isn't magnetic so it is going back. What was I thinking?
Here is what the kitchen looks like. Along the wall you can't see is the fridge (sticking out there a little), stove/microwave, and a wall of cabinets.
Another view of the kitchen.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going with the Rooster theme
I see!

Try Anna's Linen for the
curtain rods. Do they have those
in TX? They have great prices.
Hugs
Lorraine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails