Grandpa comes every year from Oregon to carve pumpkins for Halloween. It is a very special tradition that we all love and look forward to. When I was a little girl we carved pumpkins, too. I remember that when we carved pumpkins with
Dad, my brother Korey and I had to do
a lot of the gross cleaning out of the guts. I remember it taking FOREVER to finally carve a face on the darn thing. My how things change. Now that
Grandpa is carving pumpkins one little "
eew, this is gross" and
he is cleaning the thing out! It is truly a wonderful experience that the kids have with Grandpa-this is just how we do it-every year! The kids drew the faces and we did the best we could to stay on their lines as we carved the faces. Maya made a cat and Logan made a "silly one , and don't forget the ears". Thank you Grandpa! We love you! Counting the days until next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment