Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ice Skating


We took Maya ice skating on Sunday at The Galleria downtown. We went around the ice a few times in the two hours that we were there, holding onto the side the whole way (Maya) and trying to remember ice skating lessons from second grade (me). We did have a man with suggestions help us some he said,"Keep your knees bent, lean forward, and hands out in front. Then walk like Frankenstein." So here we are trying to follow his advice (I think maybe he was trying to see how crazy we would look ;-)). At the end of the day Maya said, "I'm a really good skater, huh mommy?" To which I replied, "You are AWESOME sweetie!" Now, if I could only get her to let go of the side for longer than two seconds I think we'd be onto something. While Maya and I skated Daddy and Logan had lunch and watched us, then walked around the rink as we went around the last time (the were WAY faster than we were).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How fun! Did you know that Memorial City Mall has an ice skating rink too?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails